Residential bathroom questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
With the exception of the lamps is this fixture a violation?

attachment.php

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I've heard of occupancy sensors, but a motion sensor light?:happyno:

Rob, are you maybe thinking the light is an outdoor light and would be rated for wet location?

Yes, this is not one of the types of fixtures prohibited in the 3'X8' shower zone so if it's rated for wet location with the proper lamps IMO it's OK.

Last edited:

RESI

Whatever, I?m sick of holding my tongue. If you have over 36 years electrical experience, own an electrical contracting business, and are a master electrician, then you should know how to open a code book and find this basic information!!!!

resistance- You are exactly right in everything you say and I appreciate your comments. I will share a little information in hopes of helping you understand my question. While I have been an Electrician for close to 40 years now, it was mostly in a power station. In 2003 I wanted to start my own company so that meant I needed to become a Master Electrician, which I did. I do residential work very seldom as I have gravitated to installing standby home generators. I apologize for any hard feelings you may have toward me or my post and I will endeavor to look into the code book to answer my questions in the future. I appreciate all who answered my question and I hope I can be of help other in need of answers. Thanks, take care and have a blessed day!

resistance

resistance- You are exactly right in everything you say and I appreciate your comments. I will share a little information in hopes of helping you understand my question. While I have been an Electrician for close to 40 years now, it was mostly in a power station. In 2003 I wanted to start my own company so that meant I needed to become a Master Electrician, which I did. I do residential work very seldom as I have gravitated to installing standby home generators. I apologize for any hard feelings you may have toward me or my post and I will endeavor to look into the code book to answer my questions in the future. I appreciate all who answered my question and I hope I can be of help other in need of answers. Thanks, take care and have a blessed day!
I believe we should be responsible for some part of our experience, but it doesn’t excuse my demeanor!!! We are reminded that specific electricians (specifically those electricians that are outside any specialty portion of the trade) supersede some specialty professionals of the electrical trade, so I would think, if they are greatly regarded--because of their time and hard work in the trade--then they should know more than I know. Note: there is always an exception to every situation. It’s obvious you have a good heart, and that’s enough for me to apologize for being too harsh!!!:thumbsup:
P.S.: Don’t let my bad comment scare you away!!! Ask any question you want. I just hope all questions are accepted, and not a selected few!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.