residential changes in 2005 code

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj1111

does anyone know of any major changes in the 05 code for residential construction. i have taken a couple of classes and they mostly just talk about the commercial changes. no one really hit on residential. i know about bonding to the rebar in the slab but that is all i have really heard about it. anybody got any ideas to help me out. thanks chris

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
cj1111 said:
does anyone know of any major changes in the 05 code for residential construction. i have taken a couple of classes and they mostly just talk about the commercial changes. no one really hit on residential. i know about bonding to the rebar in the slab but that is all i have really heard about it. anybody got any ideas to help me out. thanks chris

For a comprehensive look, I would recommend Mike Holt's book Illustrated Changes to the NEC 2005. It contains loads of illustrations that clearly show the 2005 code changes, the new code verbiage and Mike's own explanations.

stickboy1375

1401888526.jpg

This book is pretty good...They actually made me buy it for my continuing education class...@ $42.00

Last edited:

mdshunk

Back in the day, all the supply houses were giving out free code change summary books from T&B, P&S, and others. Maybe ask one of the counter guys to see if they still have any '05 changes booklets kicking around.

Status
Not open for further replies.