residential outlets price

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
quogueelectric said:
I am a pretty good carpenter and have all the props probably 10in to 7in wetsaws 14in gas stihl cutsaw 20+ nailguns 4 compressors 4 generators 12" slide mitre down to 8 1/2 slide and am setup to do anything from roofing to stair stringer layout.
I easilly have 50k in general contracting equipment.
New home framing is probably the only thing I havnt done for work.
So I'm not the only one. I can't claim your list of tools, but I have at least one of everything needed to build, and we're licensed for home and commercial improvement contracting as well as electrical.

Four years ago, we built a master bed/bath addition on a house. The only work we didn't do with our own hands was the foundation masonry and the little HVAC system. (Freon, y'know)

We dug the foundation, leveled the concrete, had a mason do the brick/block foundation, then we went to town:

We did the framing, sheathing, roofing, siding, gutters, doors and windows, wiring (of course!), plumbing, insulating, drywall, trim carpentry, painting, plumbing fixtures, everything except the flooring.

(The customer was a flooring guy, but he butchered the bathroom vinyl floor.)

We passed each and every inspection on the first call, and at final, the inspector told us that in over 20 years of inspecting, we were the first contractor he's ever had "ace a final inspection" the first time.

Needless to say, we were quite proud of that one! :cool: I do have pix if anyone is interested.

Carpentry is fun because I dont have to do it every day.
I'll second that! :smile:

Brady Electric

I have to start by saying I like the quote about attics and basements being my friend. The older I get and after all my operations this is very true.
Crawl spaces are for younger guys.
Its good to finally see electricians talk about there prices. I have always said it we would stick together we could charge more.
Seems like to me that plumbers prices are always in the same range as other plumbers
For some reason electricians don't talk about prices
Every job is different but being from the south I charge around the price that the guy from Ga charges
Since each job is different it could go up but never lower
I have found that customers don't really mind as long as the outcome is neat and what they wanted.
After all we have to charge according to the region that we live in
Everyone knows the south is cheaper than the north
Have a GREAT weekend and thanks for sharing
Semper Fi Buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.