Retaining wall lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJWalecka

I was hoping for ideas for a slanted retaining wall. The customer likes the look of the lights that are installed under the top of the retaining wall top plate, so to speak. Under the lip of the top plate. The issue is there is no top lip with this retaining wall. Feedback is appreciated

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
What are you asking? How to install, design issues? What kind of wall, slanted away or toward where the light will be,????

JJWalecka

What are you asking? How to install, design issues? What kind of wall, slanted away or toward where the light will be,????
I just realized I didn't post picture of retaining wall. As you can see the retaining wall slopes back.

Attachments

• Effect_20170416_112606.jpg
    Effect_20170416_112606.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 0

JJWalecka

Customer likes this style. Since there is not a protruding​ lip, as a top plate, that style will not work.

Attachments

• nox_wall_light_in_use_large.jpg
    nox_wall_light_in_use_large.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 0
  • nox_led_wall_light_large.jpg
    nox_led_wall_light_large.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 0

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
If they want to light the entire span, look into linear facade lighting. I think for this application you would want an uplight fixture. Several companies make them; for exterior we use the Hubbell brand Security Lighting line. I've used LED Linear brand also on interior lighting, but I think they make an exterior fixture also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.