Retired? Have master licenses in many states?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CustomPro.Systems

Custom Pro Systems
Occupation
CEO at Custom Pro Systems
I own a solar company. We have a master license in Texas and Missouri but looking to expand to other states. We need a master electrician in each state in order to install and finance solar in these states.

No work required, just monthly passive income coming in From licenses.

Interested?

Moderators note, please use the PM feature for contact information

Last edited by a moderator:
NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
I own a solar company. We have a master license in Texas and Missouri but looking to expand to other states. We need a master electrician in each state in order to install and finance solar in these states.

Interested?
Testing is offered several times a year and NE has joined a forces with a national testing company so it should be a breeze for the those that qualify.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Our small city requires the contractor to employ someone with an electrical license, and because of a lot of problems with out of area contractors, especially solar contractors, we have amended our electrical ordnance so that we can require the actual license holder to be onsite for the inspection. Typically this only happens after the contractor has failed a previous inspection.

Just sat in on a presentation from the utility that covers most of Illinois, at the Illinois IAEI meeting, and saw lots of pictures from solar installations that failed. In a few cases, for large commercial installations, the installing contractor had connected the solar output on the wrong side of the metering CTs!

CustomPro.Systems

Custom Pro Systems
Occupation
We need NC license electrician for solar installation please let me know if int

Our small city requires the contractor to employ someone with an electrical license, and because of a lot of problems with out of area contractors, especially solar contractors, we have amended our electrical ordnance so that we can require the actual license holder to be onsite for the inspection. Typically this only happens after the contractor has failed a previous inspection.

Just sat in on a presentation from the utility that covers most of Illinois, at the Illinois IAEI meeting, and saw lots of pictures from solar installations that failed. In a few cases, for large commercial installations, the installing contractor had connected the solar output on the wrong side of the metering CTs!
My partner is an engineer from Virginia tech. He has a PE license and overlooks all projects to make sure everything is within compliance And will be at job sites with inspectors. We have never ran into failed inspections So any master apart of our company does not need to worry about anything.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
My partner is an engineer from Virginia tech. He has a PE license and overlooks all projects to make sure everything is within compliance And will be at job sites with inspectors. We have never ran into failed inspections So any master apart of our company does not need to worry about anything.
About half fail the first time here because they don't bother to read our local amendments to the NEC. The biggest one is that service conductors have to be in rigid or IMC, so any line side connection requires RMC or IMC.

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
..We need a master electrician in each state in order to install and finance solar in these states.
Banking and insurance requirements become a major barrier to entry, when bidding on commercial projects.

Especially after States became unified around a supreme court decision to punish cities for issuing permits during licensing violations, Lowe v. Lowndes County Building Inspection Department, 760 So. 2d 711 (Miss. 2000).

Perhaps due to industry preference for unskilled laborers, the high court's argument weighed heavily on lack of skills, as the primary cause for casualty. The end result was local AHJ's now refuse building permits to unlicensed contractors, except for some owner-builder permits with indemnity clauses. Regardless of indemnity, unlicensed electrical permits have been phased out by most AHJ's.

With government now adopting qualifier requirements, to sign off on each trade person's experience, before issuing Journeyperson certification, Master testing, or contractor licensing, it becomes impracticable for the same person to run each job site, in each state.

Corporate CFO's want to leverage lower-interest debt for construction projects, rather than convert appreciating assets into cash, but banks & title insurance won't allow financial leverage of construction projects without the building permits, among other things.

So CEO's want Responsible Managing Officers (RMO), on paper, to qualify permits & loans, which allow bidding commercial projects.

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
When corporate management wont need no stinking trade license, or RMO on site, because their favorite engineer, or employee can pass inspections, what remains unchecked is laborers missing workman's compensation, or required journeyperson certification, much less PPE for energized MegaWatt solar arrays, which arc blast unqualified persons into accident attorney's laps, if not filing their own disability claims.
Management run laborer shops will turnover revoked licenses of armchair generals, hire the next RMO that indemnifies them without risk to corporate assets, and continue business as usual, because a good whipping boy allows everyone else to remain profitable.

Last edited:

kwired

Electron manager
FWIW, the license holder will need to be on the job in NE, unless you also have a licensed NE Journeyman on the job.. There are limits to the # of Apprentices that can be supervised by each. I believe it is 4.
Wind farms around my area were having same issue on initial construction, no NE license holders on their crews. They asked me about it one time. Would have been easy money but wasn't sure if it was worth doing or not. Plus I had plenty of other work and couldn't let those clients down as by law I likely needed to be on site while they were working, unless they did happen to have NE licensed Journeymen.

CustomPro.Systems

Custom Pro Systems
Occupation
FWIW, the license holder will need to be on the job in NE, unless you also have a licensed NE Journeyman on the job.. There are limits to the # of Apprentices that can be supervised by each. I believe it is 4.
We have licensed journeyman on every job.

CustomPro.Systems

Custom Pro Systems
Occupation
Wind farms around my area were having same issue on initial construction, no NE license holders on their crews. They asked me about it one time. Would have been easy money but wasn't sure if it was worth doing or not. Plus I had plenty of other work and couldn't let those clients down as by law I likely needed to be on site while they were working, unless they did happen to have NE licensed Journeymen.
We always have at least one licensed journeyman on every job.

kwired

Electron manager
We always have at least one licensed journeyman on every job.
The next thing that could get a little complicated is insurance.

In NE as the contractor I need to be the one that files permits under my contracting license. I can't obtain any permits if I don't have a minimal amount of liability insurance certificate on file with the AHJ. Then you get into workers comp as well as general liability complications when your policies are audited at end of the policy period. Not saying it can't be done but gets more complicated.

If something bad happens down the road, my name is involved even though I didn't really have any major contribution to the project, I would be more of "the silent partner" in many ways but that won't stop attorneys from going after anything and everything they possibly can in a liability claim.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired

In NE as the contractor I need to be the one that files permits under my contracting license. I can't obtain any permits if I don't have a minimal amount of liability insurance certificate on file with the AHJ. Then you get into workers comp as well as general liability complications when your policies are audited at end of the policy period. Not saying it can't be done but gets more complicated.

If something bad happens down the road, my name is involved even though I didn't really have any major contribution to the project, I would be more of "the silent partner" in many ways but that won't stop attorneys from going after anything and everything they possibly can in a liability claim.
In short, thank you, but No.

CustomPro.Systems

Custom Pro Systems
Occupation

We have done over 3,500 installs just last year… we are experienced in this realm of work and have never had any problems. We only hire those with licenses to do great business and not cheap poor work.

CustomPro.Systems

Custom Pro Systems
Occupation
We are not in Nebraska, but of course if we are we will follow all necessary steps to be in compliance

CustomPro.Systems

Custom Pro Systems
Occupation
When corporate management wont need no stinking trade license, or RMO on site, because their favorite engineer, or employee can pass inspections, what remains unchecked is laborers missing workman's compensation, or required journeyperson certification, much less PPE for energized MegaWatt solar arrays, which arc blast unqualified persons into accident attorney's laps, if not filing their own disability claims.

Management run laborer shops will turnover revoked licenses of armchair generals, hire the next RMO that indemnifies them without risk to corporate assets, and continue business as usual, because a good whipping boy allows everyone else to remain profitable.
We follow all necessary steps in order to be in compliance, of course each state is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.