Revit MEP 2012 homerun arrows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how to get rid of all the extra homerun arrows that seem to crop up between devices when circuiting in Revit from device to device? There should be only one homerun (and one homerun arrowhead) to the panel. But when I'm clicking in my conduit from device to device, some have additional arrowheads and some do not. I have know idea why this is happening and it's driving me nuts!

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone know how to get rid of all the extra homerun arrows that seem to crop up between devices when circuiting in Revit from device to device? There should be only one homerun (and one homerun arrowhead) to the panel. But when I'm clicking in my conduit from device to device, some have additional arrowheads and some do not. I have know idea why this is happening and it's driving me nuts!

You probably have some of the connected devices on a different circuit.

With Revit, wiring devices is a two step process. Step #1 is to put all the devices on one circuit. You do this be creating a new circuit, and picking each device and clicking "add to circuit".

Then in Step #2 you add the wires. Revit used to info. from Step #1 to determine how many wires or home run arrows to show.

To fix your problem, you may need to go back and find all the devices connected to the circuit, and make sure none have 2 circuits connected, and none are connected to a different circuit.

Worst case solution is to delete the entire circuit and replace all the devices with new ones. Then reconnect everything. Sometimes it seems like this is the only way to get revit to get rid of extra wires or homerun arrows.

Status
Not open for further replies.