rewrite of 310.15(B)(2) needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie

. . . Webster's as the place to look for words that are not defined in article 100. I think it speaks of "common" in the context of "commonly used in the industry."
By the way, if you wish to use the dictionary, the official dictionary of the NFPA is Webster's 11th Collegiate dictionary. :smile:

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
By the way, if you wish to use the dictionary, the official dictionary of the NFPA is Webster's 11th Collegiate dictionary. :smile:
That is mentioned in the NFPA Manual of Style Section 2.3.1.3.1. The NEC also has its own "NEC" Manual of Style. It back references the NFPA MOS for "common" words.

I have a copy of Webster's 11th Collegiate dictionary and have found that the basic dictionary a this site appears to be based on it.

Last edited:

That is the dictionary I referenced.
I also have the style manual and the IEEE dictionary.

My comment was to draw attention to the fact that ground fault is not "common language" used outside of our industry.

I can picture this, when out to a dinner party:

" So, how did you handle the ground fault experience in your house yesterday/"

quogueelectric

The NEC is a system that is designed not to work efficiently. There are too many opposing sides all looking for me first. It works on the golden rule.......... The one with the most gold rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.