RF switching without neutral wire: recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor
Hi guys,
Anybody have experience with
RF switching without neutral wire?

I'm looking at the pair

Leviton WSS10-GDW Wireless Momentary Switch Relay, No Neutral, 120-277V, 1-Pole, White
Leviton WSS0S-P0W Wireless Self-Powered Remote Switch, White

also what about the neutral free occupancy sensors/ dimmers?
I had a perfectly adequate intermatic astronomical timer the other day that needed no dimmer and even was rated for fluor...
they're getting better!

thanks!

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor
Objective

Objective

I am just looking for recommendations on
reliable products in
Master/slave pairs of :
switches
dimmers and
occupancy sensors

that have good price and function as good as wired (!)

Also interested in opinions on Rf performance with neutrals like maestro pick etc

gndrod

great stuff

great stuff

Hi guys,
Anybody have experience with
RF switching without neutral wire?

I'm looking at the pair

Leviton WSS10-GDW Wireless Momentary Switch Relay, No Neutral, 120-277V, 1-Pole, White
Leviton WSS0S-P0W Wireless Self-Powered Remote Switch, White

also what about the neutral free occupancy sensors/ dimmers?
I had a perfectly adequate intermatic astronomical timer the other day that needed no dimmer and even was rated for fluor...
they're getting better!

thanks!

If you are into commercial energy management then that is a good answer. The IR detection does not play well in resi new construction due to there is no guarantee that the illumination level for dwelling sensors will be strong enough to activate the photo-electric cell to power the IR circuit. The AHJ will require overriding the sensors...so the piezo-electric on switch may not be functional for an off override.

I've installed Levitons 'no-neutral' occupancy sensor switches and they work perfectly fine, installed them in alcove of mens and womens restroom at a pool house, little room before the actual bathroom, pitch black when doors are closed, but the occupancy sensors work excellently, and not terribly expensive either.

Also put in the Leviton slave/master dimmer switch set up in a couple homes, a little annoying to install on old wiring, not bad for new construction because you can pull your own signal wire (old wiring you have to hunt down a wire to use as a signal wire), in 3-way and even 4 way they work great, although the prices are a bit high for this set up with Leviton.

As for the wireless set up's the only ones I've installed seemed pretty pointless to me, because a wire feeding power must still be installed to the thing, by the time you get a wire to it you might as well have done it the old fashioned way considering the price of the things, but I can see them being usefull in some situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.