Status
Not open for further replies.

wshoard

Hopper said:
WOW
i get 1000" ft RG6 for $75.00 black can put it anywhere

500ft of double line w/ 14g ground $100.00

hmmmmm

Looks like the cable you posted has a 17awg ccs messenger not a 14?

BTW, are you sure that CCS cable is approved for the application you are using it for?

rkrieger

how about RG6 QUAD

how about RG6 QUAD

We use RG6 QUAD coax where signal strength and interference is a potential problem. It has better insulation and shielding capabilities. Be aware that RG6 QUAD does take different fittings. They are a little larger in diameter. Greenlee makes a slick compression waterproof fitting similar to what the cable companies use. Black color is for RG6 QUAD. :)

wireguru

rkrieger said:
We use RG6 QUAD coax where signal strength and interference is a potential problem. It has better insulation and shielding capabilities. Be aware that RG6 QUAD does take different fittings. They are a little larger in diameter. Greenlee makes a slick compression waterproof fitting similar to what the cable companies use. Black color is for RG6 QUAD. :)

PPC makes a fitting (same one alot of cable companies use) that works with RG6 and RG6 quad in the same fitting. I havent seen the Greenlee ones, but the ones Ideal has are junky chinese ones. If you do much work with coax, get the good connectors. The PPCs can be had for around .20ea

Hopper

wshoard said:
Looks like the cable you posted has a 17awg ccs messenger not a 14?

BTW, are you sure that CCS cable is approved for the application you are using it for?

The 17awg is just to run from the Dish to the ground block, then we're required to use a 12g from the ground block to the ground source. I'm thinking that if its not approved then DishNetwork & DirectTV may be in some trouble? thats were i started getting this Rg6 from and continue to have the hook up today.

wshoard said:
Originally Posted by rkrieger
We use RG6 QUAD coax where signal strength and interference is a potential problem. It has better insulation and shielding capabilities. Be aware that RG6 QUAD does take different fittings. They are a little larger in diameter. Greenlee makes a slick compression waterproof fitting similar to what the cable companies use. Black color is for RG6 QUAD.

PPC makes a fitting (same one alot of cable companies use) that works with RG6 and RG6 quad in the same fitting. I havent seen the Greenlee ones, but the ones Ideal has are junky chinese ones. If you do much work with coax, get the good connectors. The PPCs can be had for around

as for fitting, Snap-n-seal are def. the way to go. then of coure compression, then crimp...
"Tomas and Bett" (<<sp?) are probably the best Snap-n-seals available, but i know techs that get thier snap-n-seals off ebay all day long.

Last edited:
Sunlight resistant is RG6 U (Ultraviolet)

Direct burial ask for RG6 Flooded direct burial

I buy it by the thousands, very common

Status
Not open for further replies.