RIBU1C wiring to a Siemens motor starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky9876

Hello,
Just reaching out to see if anyone can help me out. I am doing controls and I am wiring a RIBU1C to a motor starter. The print is telling me to take the coil 10-30 vac/vdc (white/blue) lead to the 10-30 vac/vdc. Take the coil common (wht/yellow) to the coil common. Does anyone know what terminals they would going under? There is no wiring diagram

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired

kwired

Electron manager
Hello,
Just reaching out to see if anyone can help me out. I am doing controls and I am wiring a RIBU1C to a motor starter. The print is telling me to take the coil 10-30 vac/vdc (white/blue) lead to the 10-30 vac/vdc. Take the coil common (wht/yellow) to the coil common. Does anyone know what terminals they would going under? There is no wiring diagram
If you are using a RIB, it is presumed you are getting a control signal from some other source and the coil of the RIB is powered by that source and the output contacts tie in place of a usual manual control switch, or in series with an auto position on a control switch powered by the motor circuit/controller circuit. The coil terminals you are describing don't connect to your motor starter at all, they connect to whatever you have for a control signal from some remote source, apparently something that is 10-30 volts AC or DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.