Romex in PVC sleeve

Status
Not open for further replies.

scadaeng

I need to run 5 circuits through a 1-1/2" PVC sch 40 sleeve. It will consist of two 12-2's (20A ea) two 12-3's (20A), and one 14-3 (15A). The sleeve is about 18' and has a 6" offset on one end. Neither end will go to a box, just sleeved to get from the garage to the utility room.The PVC will sit inside of a steel I beam. Am I ok here? Do I need to consider derating the circuits? Any heat issues?

Also inside the garage (breaker box in here) I put a 12" run of 1/2" plywood on the ceiling against the back wall. The ceiling area is recessed by the steel I beam creating an area of about 12" wide and 10" deep. I stapled my Romex to the plywood to get across the room. The area can be covered to box it in if code requires that.

raider1

Staff member
Welcome to the forum.:)

I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum rules. This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. However, if you are not an electrician or an electrical contractor, then we are not permitted to help you perform your own electrical installation work.

If I have misjudged the situation, if for example this project is related to your work, then send me a Private Message. If you can show me that I am wrong, and that you are a licensed electrician (or at least a licensed apprentice), then I will reopen your post, and offer an apology for the delay and inconvenience.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the
report.gif
button at the top right corner of the post.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.