Romex Stapler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
Anyone using the DeWalt Battery operated stapler or the Klein manual one?
Have used both, DeWalt pretty good for tight area were getting a swing with hammer impossible; been disappointed with Klien, wont set staple into old framing or engineered joists. And the Klein being not much different in size than T50 can't really use hammer to get them set, they also have habit of curling when trying to go into that harder surfaces. The GB uses a little heavier staple but not enough to make a difference.
Are they worth it? How available are the staples, they are prapriority?
The Dewalt make short work of fastening runs of Romex. A lot less smashing of fingers. Around here staples are only available at HD for either one.
I use a Gardner bender cable boss, when Milwaukee comes out with a M12 stapler, I will get one, as Milwaukee is my battery platform.
Been holding out for a Milwaukee too, I have the GB and Klein.

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
How do you account for different sizes of wire? Are the stapkes universal for 14/2 through 10/3 or are there different staple sizes?
GB and Klein have a couple of different sizes. GB also has ability to do coax and cat. Not real sure on DeWalt.

Bam

The Gardner bender worked for me for years, but had to buy a new one every once in a while because something would always break, I got the dewalt battery one and can’t be without it, works great, I can staple a entire 1000 sq ft floor in a couple of hours.

Eddie702

Licensed Electrician
Occupation
Electrician
How do you account for different sizes of wire? Are the stapkes universal for 14/2 through 10/3 or are there different staple sizes?
From what I understand about the DeWalt it has a sensor or "feeler" you place it over the cable or cable(s) so it know how far to set the depth like 1 14/2, 2 14/2s stacked or a 14/3 etc. It doesn't set the staple tight to the cable you can slide the cable after the staple has been set.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I have Milwaukee M12 and Ryobi stuff.

Think I will wait for the Milwaukee

jfreisen1

Occupation
BS-EE, Master Electrician, ICC E1, E2, E3
I think it is a great tool that will be out with time. As many cities in my area will NOT allow metal staples for NM Sheath. The GB, Power, Sturgeon Bay straps are plastic with two nails as required by Local AHJ for the last 15 years. I do not see it changing back anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.