Roof top equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
one of our projects has the Electrical for AC units on roof. There is 400 HA panel XFMR and LV panel located on roof and near center of roodThere is no detail showing how the equipment on roof will sit and or how the 400a panel will be mounted. The roof is made of steel trusses with tin/corrugated roof deck with that white membrane best I can describe. If its up to me I am considering an H frame or if I can mount on tilt wall Parapet wall, its about 5' and asking for a little help or should I consult the A&E for guidance in installation?

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
I would get engineering on this as well as the roofer involved. Let others provide what's needed to mount your equipment. Then do your job.

-Hal
I

I agree but I also wanted to hear if anyone had any ideas for installation.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Honestly, the engineering is the best answer, and is a must. We can guess, but you don't want to be responsible for a collapse.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I pay attention to weird stuff, so . . .

I noticed in my local Costco that the trusses are larger and/or doubled where they support the RTUs for the refrigerator/freezer glass-fronts. From the units all the way to the flanking columns, the grid is beefier.

That's why it may involve much more than simply designing and building what would go on top of the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.