Rotor Earth Fault Of 500mw Tg

Status
Not open for further replies.

mivey

quogueelectric said:
The good folks from GE hire electricians to do the work god bless them. OOPS slipped a zero only 4 zeros sorry for typo
By us I meant the forum. I go to GE's site for technical advice but I doubt they will ever come here for this type problem.

quogueelectric

mivey said:
By us I meant the forum. I go to GE's site for technical advice but I doubt they will ever come here for this type problem.
Yes I have been very fortunate in my career to experience many things that almost seem surreal. How many have actually experienced a main turbine trip while on the turbine deck?? I have. Hope you have a change of underwear in your wallet. I usually get sucked up by the plant engineers as someone who can not only understand thier lingo but can troubleshoot almost any problem they can throw at me. A powerplant as safe as your osha crap will try to make you believe is an extremely dangerous place to work. You had better know your trade and beaware of your surroundings. I have listened to workers who were working in a gen plant which lost its dc and became motorized off the grid. You cant fake the terror in thier eyes as they are telling thier story as the main turbine shaft snapped . I have the years to go from a spider infested crawlspace for an AC feed paddle fan install to landing allsoft control wiring in the AB marshalling cabinets. I from my computer training am amazed how someone devized an optical electrical transfer point so the main computers are totally isolated from bad wiring. Just replace a few smoked optic/electric cards and call it a day. This is not supposed to happen btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.