Rough-in for Plugmold

JoeNorm

I have a client who wants many sections of Plugmold throughout a room concealed under a piece of trim. I don't use the stuff much so I am wondering how best to do the rough wiring? Will I be able to fit two pieces of 12-2 into one end of it? Or do I have to go in one end and out the other?

The idea is numerous sections of 2-3 foot pieces. Thanks for any insight.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
If you want two cables in each section a junction box at one end is probably the easiest way to go. These are designed specifically for 2000 series PlugMold.

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
I have a client who wants many sections of Plugmold throughout a room concealed under a piece of trim. I don't use the stuff much so I am wondering how best to do the rough wiring? Will I be able to fit two pieces of 12-2 into one end of it? Or do I have to go in one end and out the other?

The idea is numerous sections of 2-3 foot pieces. Thanks for any insight.
Just FYI, this question is hard to answer with the information given. The catalog has decent information and you should be able to fixture it out from that. The internal wiring in the plugmold strip is #12, so feed through is fine, but entering in the ends with surface mounted raceway or cable requires acessories.