Russ Edwards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a device I patented. I've been selling and installing these devices since the summer of 2008. I want to know where I can go, or who I can ask to determine on a national basis (the national electrical code) that this device satisfies the code requirements. Russell Edwards

cadpoint

I have a device I patented. I've been selling and installing these devices since the summer of 2008. I want to know where I can go, or who I can ask to determine on a national basis (the national electrical code) that this device satisfies the code requirements. Russell Edwards

Did you read the Book ?

The Everything Inventions & Patents Book; Turn your crazy ideas into a money-making machine
ISBN 1-59337-436-4
Pitts, Barbara Russell

Seems your a little to a lot ahead of the game in reference to the book, but is does cover many aspects
that might never be said or mentioned here in the course of your pursuit(s).

Congratulations and Good Luck!

Welcome to the Forum!

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Manufactured items are not within the scope of the NEC. So if you are wondering whether your item itself satisfies the code, it doesn't and it can't, because the code does not apply. If you are wondering whether the code requires that a certain thing be part of an installation, and are wondering whether your item would be acceptable way of satisfying that requirement, then I can't help you without having some notion of what your item is and what it does.

But let me advise you, as clearly as I can, that this forum does not tolerate any form of advertisement. If you post information that appears to be an attempt to sell your invention here, you are likely to be permanently banned from using this forum. So take care what you say about your item.

Status
Not open for further replies.