rv pedestal in mobile home park

ctaylo360860

Occupation
ME
I have not done one of these, but I have read over 550. I'm not sure if this would be the right article for planning this out, but hoping to get some input or direction to make sure my plans are correct. Customer wants to hook up a rv pedestal in mobile home park. poco is about 50ft away i wanted to put a 100amp feed through panel under the meter at the poco pole. Run 1/o, 1/o, 1/o, 1/o, 2- 4 wire aluminum to the main lugs on the rv pedestal. blank the pedestal meter off and job done. Im wondering if there is another disconnect needed with in 30 ft of the rv or if thats just for mobile homes. or if it would make sense to get a different pedestal that has a main breaker of some kind.. always appreicate the help this page offers thanks in advance!

pictures are the plan I drew up and the materials provided by the customer.

Attachments

• rvped1.jpg
    rvped1.jpg
    578.1 KB · Views: 20
  • rvped2.jpg
    rvped2.jpg
    594.2 KB · Views: 20
  • rvpedplan.jpg
    rvpedplan.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
No additional disconnect is needed.
I know some of those are suitable as service so you need to assure your neutral is not bonded to equipment grounding at the pedestal.

david

Here and from what you stated, it must be different for you, the power Co. would not allow your customers' equipment on their utility pole

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

ctaylo360860

Occupation
ME
Here and from what you stated, it must be different for you, the power Co. would not allow your customers' equipment on their utility pole

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Yeah it should be fine to place a service disconnect on the pole. Hell they will provide me with a meter, and have me install the service loop and everything. The only thing they don’t want me to do is splice to the xmfr

jap

Occupation
Electrician
Where will you be running this?

Run 1/o, 1/o, 1/o, 1/o

JAP>