RV Pedestal : Site Disconnect Required?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installing my first RV pedestal. It’s for a customers RV lot not a bunch of them in a park. The pedestal has three breakers but none are feeder/main breaker so do these need a “within sight of” disconnect like an air conditioner?

The breaker for the URD feeder line is in a building. I’ve never seen a site disconnect for the pedestals in any RV park I’ve ever stayed in so I’m thinking not but I see no code stating it is.

TIA

mopowr steve

Occupation
Electrical contractor
No, you do not need an additional site disconnect. The breakers in the pedestal are the site disconnects.

kwired

Electron manager
If you would have more than six handles at the site I would think you then would need a main disconnect, but is not all that typical to have that many circuits in such an application, a "dual head" pedestal might give you right at six handles in many cases though.

Art 225 part II should apply here.

mopowr steve

Occupation
Electrical contractor
If you would have more than six handles at the site I would think you then would need a main disconnect, but is not all that typical to have that many circuits in such an application, a "dual head" pedestal might give you right at six handles in many cases though.

Art 225 part II should apply here.

:thumbsup: that’s the way I look at it also.
by the same token one might argue that each site (one on one side and one on the other) are in fact two separate locations and still yet you may only find 3 handles for disconnecting.

As a side note dear OP I just noticed you wrote that there is URD ran from your main panel, don’t forget to run an equipment ground wire if your URD is only 3wire. Grounds/neutral should be isolated from each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.