RW Exam Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

zcanyonboltz

I'm testing for my RW soon and have a question about exam content. My Mike Holt's prep book is geared toward JW and Master/Contractor prep and a lot of practice questions are commercial based. I still look them up to familiarize with the code but, am I wasting time finding these practice questions... Health Care, Agriculture, Classified Locations,Garages,Carnivals etc. I am focusing on articles 90-430, 210 and 250 heavily, 531, 551, 680, 690. Any advice is a appreciated. Thanks

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I never took the RW test so I can't speak to the exact content but I have heard that there were some commercial and classified area questions, not many though.

Most of the Colorado test, RW or JW is knowing how to use the codebook and being familiar with the index. The rest is knowing how to take a test....don't get hung up on one question, choose the best answer, get a good nights rest, all that other happy stuff.

Since you are studying you should do fine. Be sure and report back and don't stop hanging out here and don't be shy about asking questions. Good luck.

zcanyonboltz

Thanks for the reply, I'll post how the test goes in about a month. I didn't mean article 531. I'll keep on studying I'm only about 1k hours away from the JW test so I'm looking at the commercial based content as readying me for that test.

zcanyonboltz

Thanks for the reply, I'll post how the test goes in about a month. I didn't mean article 531. I'll keep on studying I'm only about 1k hours away from the JW test so I'm looking at the commercial based content as readying me for that test.

I took the test today and I passed! The majority of qs were from 100-430 a few from 680 and 551 and around there, used the full time.

Status
Not open for further replies.