Sallyport

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Are you asking as a consideration of physical damage or as a hazardous location?

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
Have a project where armored cars will be pulled into a secured garage area. do the receptacles in this area need to be raised t0 48" above finished floor?
Parking garages are not treated the same as a service garage. I would expect a sallyport to be vacant most of the time as they are typically just past through parts of the secure perimeter.

Last edited:

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Were I inspecting, My only concern would be if the sallyport is connected (thru common entranceway) to a classified Art 511 area, I would ask for documentation that the sallyport area was unclassified by to air changes or effectively cut off by the doors.
I would want it to be a 500.4 decision not my opinion.

masterinbama

Were I inspecting, My only concern would be if the sallyport is connected (thru common entranceway) to a classified Art 511 area, I would ask for documentation that the sallyport area was unclassified by to air changes or effectively cut off by the doors.
I would want it to be a 500.4 decision not my opinion.
There are 2 separate makeup air units. 1 for the garage area and one for the vault area. separated by a 4 hour fire/smoke wall.