Same question I asked before

AC\DC

Occupation
EC
Really want to get into solar. Been debating on classes

I meet with a solar contractor that was from cali. He now does hvac. He told me I don’t need those classes and they are a waist of money just get some panels and go to town,
I don’t want to walk in blind but I also don’t want to waist my money and time.
Seems like the first classes I posted are just introduction to the aspect of solar and some basic electrical theory. Was debating on skipping and go to advanced. I know a little just not confident enough to sell it.
Is there a better program by chance?

I got mikes book but that just the codes. Not the functions and installing of solar.

solarken

NABCEP PVIP
Occupation
Solar Design and Installation Professional
Your friend from Cali that now does HVAC sounds like an idiot. There is a ton to learn in this business, and some of it can be learned thru classes, some can best be learned by working with or asking a lot of questions of experienced installers/designers such as those in this forum, quite a bit can be learned from pv manufacturer documentation, and some will be learned in the field as you gain experience, making mistakes, etc. Why not set a goal to earn NABCEP certification? It will help guide what you need to learn. Heatspring is a good resource.