Satellite TV Installation Gone Terribly Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdsmith

From a Mike Holt newsletter:

Satellite TV Installation Gone Terribly Wrong

Patsy Long, 34, died after being shot in the chest with a .22-caliber handgun while she was assisting her husband, Ronald Long with the installation of a satellite television system. Her husband fired the shot from the inside of their home after several unsuccessful efforts to punch a hole through the exterior wall using other means.

Click here to read the full story from the Sedalia Democrat.

mdshunk

buckofdurham said:
He must have been useing 3/16" toggle bolts. I don't think you could get a 1/4" toggle through a 22 cal. hole.
I bought a 38 caliber stud gun at a sale a while back. I havn't worked up the balls to try it yet.

quogueelectric

He should have used a Barrett 50 cal and would have punched thru on the first shot even through block. Good way to snake mc cable In iraq. The Barrett method.

L

Lxnxjxhx

1/4" toggle through a 22 cal. hole?

1/4" toggle through a 22 cal. hole?

1/4" = 0.25"
22 cal. = 0.22"

It's close, though. . .

Commelec

mdshunk said:
I bought a 38 caliber stud gun at a sale a while back. I havn't worked up the balls to try it yet.

shoot it but make sure you load it right. I have one, it will blast a 1/2" anchor into the concrete 2" or more and you can bolt your but to the floor forever! Oh, make sure you wear all the protection and keep some weight on it and keep the muzzle flush. I drove one into a bad section of my sidewalk and it took a sledge hammer to snap the anchor out! too bad it's hard to find the supplies for these now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.