Sch 80 RNC fittings

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJay

Are there heavy wall non-metallic fittings available, such as LB's, that are specifically designed for use with Sch 80 RNC?

Also, would using a PVC primer/cleaner, such as plumber?s use on DWV pipe, before applying PVC cement, violate the listing of the RNC or fittings?
I can?t see how, but haven?t seen any reference to using it in manufactures spec sheets or installation instructions. :confused:

TKX

iwire

Staff member
KJay said:
Are there heavy wall non-metallic fittings available, such as LB's, that are specifically designed for use with Sch 80 RNC?

Not sure about LBs but not couplings etc.

Here is what Carlon says

Carlon does not manufacture separate fittings for Schedule 40 and separate fittings for Schedule 80 (except for the elbows which are formed from Sch. 40and Sch. 80 conduit and fall under the UL category of conduit, not fittings) since the fittings have been UL approved to be used with both Schedule 40 and Schedule 80.

You can view more

Carlon Conduit FAQ

would using a PVC primer/cleaner, such as plumber?s use on DWV pipe, before applying PVC cement, violate the listing of the RNC or fittings?

Carlon Cement FAQ

stickboy1375

The funny thing about LBs and such, is that they are the things that get broke, so what good is sch. 80 PVC when I'm forced to use a sch.40 fitting? It just blows my mind.

KJay

Thanks for the info iwire.
I kind of figured there wouldn?t be any beefier LB?s or pull ells available, since never having seen them. Seems that it would be a good idea though to compliment the heavy wall conduit.
It?s good to see that the primer/cleaner is okay to use, although I was a little surprised to read NEMA?s, ?smoke if you got ?em? approach. It seems they don?t really put much emphasis on its use or consider it to be that important for joint integrity for electrical PVC installations. I generally tend to use it only for conduit in wet locations.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.