school

Status
Not open for further replies.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
my name is stephanie and im going to pennco tech to become an electrician i wanted to know if this is a good trade for women and what it has to offer me?

It's what you make of it. I have worked with great women electricians that loved their job and crappy ones that hated it, just like the guys.

I think that if you like the trade and work hard to learn it, you will do well.

Welcome to the forum and good luck in school!

PEDRO ESCOVILLA

the only caveat i can give is this, a lot of guys on construction jobs are pigs.i know, i was one myself. little or no concern of what was said, or who heard it, times have changed, people mature.

it's an excellent trade, learn as much as you can, i know a few very good female elecrtricians and inspectors that make " the best guys on the job" look like spit, because they do better work and are more concerned with quality and not quantity. lots of contractors expect way too much from help these days. a trades person should not have to run (in a literal sense) all day, just to keep a job. nor should one have to supply a truck load of tools unless you are self employed and or paid for it and it's agreed to. you will find those that expect this, depart from them quickly. union is good work if you're in an area where the union is strong. good schools, practices etc. usually good work (large commercial) you'll find your niche. if i was to go back to tools, i'd go into wind and solar, technology will change very quickly in the next few years, enjoy it all and do well. you can also specialize in different aspects of the trade later if you want to , motors and controls, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.