Screw collar loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ac00

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I need to by a threaded screw collar for a 200+ lb chandelier. Went to hang a chandelier with an Aladdin lift ALL200 and the chandelier (metric) did not come with a screw collar. I tried the lighting stores in the area and they don't supply them. I checked out chandelierparts.com and they have them. However, I called and they said for liability reasons their distributers wont give weight limits on their screw collars. Does anyone know a good place online to order them. Or has anyone used a heavy cast screw collar from chandelierparts.com on a 200+ lb chandelier? Thanks

John120/240

Maybe not exactly what you are looking for but have you considered a lifting

eye. They are usually a forged eye with either male or female threads.

Probably galvanized finish. Try " Crosby Chain " one manfacturer.

Jacob S

I would certainly steer away from using any rigging part for something that heavy that is not rated clearly for that load. A 5:1 safety ratio should be minimum for an item like this. John's suggestion of a lifting eye is a good idea in my opinion, compared to the other options you have found. The tricky part will be integrating it so it is hidden and ascetically pleasing! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.