Self teaching for masters exam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1haz

My son has been in the trade for 4 years now and began the apprentice program initially but dropped out. He now wants to get study materials to prep on his own from home. Is this practical and was curious if anyone has any suggestions on the best study package to use. It's the Florida Masters. Thanks

Coppersmith

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
My son has been in the trade for 4 years now and began the apprentice program initially but dropped out. He now wants to get study materials to prep on his own from home. Is this practical and was curious if anyone has any suggestions on the best study package to use. It's the Florida Masters. Thanks

I also used Mike Holt's materials to study for the master's exam. However it sounds like your son has insufficient experience to apply for a EC licence. Unless something has changed since I got my licence five years ago, Florida requires 12,000 hours of verifiable experience before the exam can be taken. That's six years of full-time work.

1haz

Thanks guys, he will probably first go for his ER. your correct he doesn't have the hours yet but wants to start studying so when he does he will be better prepared.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Thanks guys, he will probably first go for his ER. your correct he doesn't have the hours yet but wants to start studying so when he does he will be better prepared.

Tell him to join and contribute/ask questions here. The forum is an excellent educational resource. :cool:

Shadowolfpi

Good morning, my name is Ilene and I work for Mike Holt please feel free to call me directly so I can tell you about our Homestudy programs that will help your son pass his exam. 888-632-2633

Status
Not open for further replies.