Septic pump and alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

romex jockey

Occupation
electrician
Re: Septic pump and alarm

If the inspector doesn't enforce I'll write the state.
must be nice to have backup, try doing biz without it , then you can be in the shoes of the majority of US electricans

rule #1, be nice

~RJ~

aelectricalman

I almost have this figured out. What are the two plugs which piggyback and plug into the 12-2 Receptacle. One is the pump motor, the other is?

hurk27

I almost have this figured out. What are the two plugs which piggyback and plug into the 12-2 Receptacle. One is the pump motor, the other is?
The other is a float switch which would be for the pump. If you also have a two conductor that runs out of the tank that just has striped ends then I would say most likely this piggy back plug is the float switch for the pump. :( As I said before if it has a regular grinder ejector pump it should not have an external float switch. It should be Incorporated into the motor housing where it can't be effected. You will know this by the plug on the end of the cord supplying the pump will have a little air hose sticking out the end of it. But if it does have this external float then you plug it in to the receptacle and then plug the pump into the back of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.