Series wiring for roadway/area lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

jglavin

Does anyone know of any roadway/area lights designed for use in a 6.6A series (constant-current) application? We need as much light as possible, none of the usual airfield lights will work :)

This is a situation where we have plenty of constant-current power around, but its thousands of feet to the nearest building where we can grab constant-voltage power.

mgookin

Does anyone know of any roadway/area lights designed for use in a 6.6A series (constant-current) application? We need as much light as possible, none of the usual airfield lights will work :)

This is a situation where we have plenty of constant-current power around, but its thousands of feet to the nearest building where we can grab constant-voltage power.

Just curious if you're looking for bulbs or fixtures?

Are you lighting an airfield or a roadway?

Edit: I re-read your title & post. You're lighting a roadway and you're looking for fixtures.

Last edited:

jglavin

Fixtures, LED is preferred but anything with good cutoff would work. This is a temporary (~8month) situation where we want to light around 400k square feet of GSE pad so the tug drivers don't run into each other. I'm also considering the self-contained solar-powered fixtures but those get expensive.

mgookin

Fixtures, LED is preferred but anything with good cutoff would work. This is a temporary (~8month) situation where we want to light around 400k square feet of GSE pad so the tug drivers don't run into each other. I'm also considering the self-contained solar-powered fixtures but those get expensive.

Does this work for you?
http://www.ov20systems.com/our-products

They claim you can use any lighting technology on a series system.

Status
Not open for further replies.