Service change arc fault breakers required???

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmoney44

I'm doing an overhead service...existing 60amp fuses to new 200amp. House is built in the late 50s old cloth wiring. I believe I am not required to use arc fault breakers but I am getting a lot of resistance from fellow electricians. Work to be done in massachusetts.I hope this works with mass amendment and article 220 any suggestions?? Thanks

shortcircuit2

I'm doing an overhead service...existing 60amp fuses to new 200amp. House is built in the late 50s old cloth wiring. I believe I am not required to use arc fault breakers but I am getting a lot of resistance from fellow electricians. Work to be done in massachusetts.I hope this works with mass amendment and article 220 any suggestions?? Thanks

Should be OK as long as you don't extend the circuits more than 6 feet...210.12(B) exception

mopowr steve

Occupation
Electrical contractor
Agree!
You could offer it as an option but be ready to deal with possible MWBC's. And mixed neutral connections.

LEO2854

Esteemed Member

Read Rule 3 of the 2014 Massachusetts Electrical Code Amendments.

No you will not need them, however you can sell them at a substantial profit if you wish..:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.