Service disconnect grouping question

P.A.Lin-Z

Occupation
Electrical contractor
And we have explained why that design's compliance with the NEC is questionable. If it doesn't pass inspection don't blame us, we're just trying to help.

Again, why not parallel the three 200A feeds into a single 600A feeder to the house on a single ATS, and then tap that to three 200A disconnects which then feed the subpanels? You seem to have described something like 430ft of house perimeter on three sides and you're saying that nowhere in those hundreds of feet is there a >6ft wide space for three 200A disconnects or breaker enclosures? I mean, I also hate it when the architects don't think of necessities but part of my job is to tell people what's needed for a compliant installation.
As I said in an earlier comment the matter has been settled.....and it wasn't settled based on any comment on here. If you read my comments you'd also know why I am not feeding with one 600 amp ats. The house is a huge spread out ranch style house sitting on a fairly huge lake and there is literally no room anywhere to fit the main service on the house.
Again, to satisfy the state, we have been forced to created a place on the house for second set of 3- 200 amp sub feed panel so there a point of GROUPED disconnects at the point where the feeders enter the house. The state chose to ignore the fact the there are 2 different groups of disconnects on the house now.
The original question was concerning grouping a second set of disconnects and that according to NEC 2017. Thats all.
The matter is settled. Thanks for all help.

david

we have been forced to created a place on the house for second set of 3- 200 amp sub feed panel so there a point of GROUPED disconnects at the point where the feeders enter the house. The state chose to ignore the fact the there are 2 different groups of disconnects on the house now.
So your saying there are now going to be six disconnects mounted onto the house. Two different locations of three grouped together

If that's so sorry I didn't understand from your posting that to be the case.

Goes back to my thought when answering a question,
If I'm understanding what your seeing than!

david

So your saying there are now going to be six disconnects mounted onto the house. Two different locations of three grouped together

If that's so sorry I didn't understand from your posting that to be the case.

Goes back to my thought when answering a question,
If I'm understanding what your seeing than!
Eather way, you say it is resolved so I guess it dosn"t matter