Service Entrance regulations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current service entrance cable on my house is attached to the front corner soffit and then runs vertically to the meter channel. From the meter channel the entrance cable travels less than 10 foot to the panel in the basement.

Question is this: In order to complete my new timber frame porch I need to have the meter channel moved 20 foot along the side wall of the house. This will present with 2 issues for me. The first is can a cable be run along the soffit 20 foot back from the current attachment (at the front corner soffit) to the new meter channel or will the attachment to the house need to be moved so that the cable then runs vertically from the attachment to the meter channel. The second issue is a clarification. Since the new meter channel will be 20 feet from the service panel I will need a disconnect at the new meter channel correct?

I am the contractor and need to set up everything for the electrician do the connections.

Thanks!

iwire

Staff member
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals
* This NEC? Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.