Service Loops in NM Wire

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
around here most are getting spray foam insulation and any loop would be useless as the foam prevents any movement of the loop anyway.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Seems to me that GC's should be addressing the offenders causing the damage. If we (EC's) were destroying sheetrockers, plumbers, tile setters, HVAC, etc,.... installations I would bet we would be back charged for the repair.

4x4dually

Occupation
Electrical Engineer/ Ex-Electrician
Seems to me that GC's should be addressing the offenders causing the damage. If we (EC's) were destroying sheetrockers, plumbers, tile setters, HVAC, etc,.... installations I would bet we would be back charged for the repair.
Exactly. I warned the rock guys before they started on our house a month ago that they had better keep their zips out of my boxes....but I also made them all up berfore hand and tucked them super nice way in the back in deep boxes. Then the dayum painters sprayed inside every single box. I had words with them as well. No one give a rats arse about the next guy. Imma gonna learn this crew whether I have to use google translate or not.

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
I left some extra for an outlet in my parents' basement. It was in anticipation of a well-needed swap from fuses to ckt breakers. I wasn't around for the swap, and the person who did the job didn't think about why the extra was there, they just re-landed the existing ends in the new box. *sigh*