Service Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

laketime

I got contacted by Service Magic today. Anybody have any experiences with this referral company?

ultramegabob

You don't advertise or take potential clients out to lunch megabob?

I dont pay someone who says "Hey I know a guy who is needing an electrician, for a fee I will tell you who it is, then you can submit a bid against ten other guys to hang a ceiling fan" which from how I see it, is about what service magic is....

GUNNING

$chiching$!

$chiching$!

yup.. that describes SM.
Tell you what, because I know you I will give you referrals for $65 each. You have to send me a check for the first 10 and I will put you on the list. I will call you every month to tell you how many other leads in your area I referred. Not who, just how many. These could be yours. Go get your check book and Ill start writing down those leads. Oh yea, did I mention the membership fee? Its not much but will move you up to the Silver level from the bronze level of leads. These are real good ones. The best we have. Only a few select individuals like yourself can afford these types of leads. Not everyone qualifies. . ..... $chiching$ ! Now let me show only you the prized Egress. Be careful, it bites.

ultramegabob

I might go for paying a percentage or a finders fee for every contract I get, but I wont pay for a lead that they are telling everyone in my area about.

Rewire

I use service magic and find it to be exactly what it is promoted as . People contact SM directly for a service and then it is relayed to those on the service . Do a web searce for electricians and you will find them at the top of most listings.I have a 250.00 limit on leads most leads are under 15.00 charge and the are usually worth 200.00 -500.00 in work.We are a service company and these leads are just another part of our business.If we were not getting the leads someone else would be.

ElectricianJeff

I use service magic and find it to be exactly what it is promoted as.

I also use SM and have found it a good source of profitable buisiness. I discovered before I joined a couple of years ago that I was the only electrician in my service area which helped in the beginning. Its not that way now but I don't mind the competetion. SM has also been good about reversing charges on leads that I didn't feel were legit.

Dolfan

This is the thing I like about this forum. When you ask a guestion, you get lots of opinions. I signed up for SM after a contractor(A/C) told me he used them. After paying the sign up fee and losing out on the first 6 leads because I was to busy to respond quickly enough, I shut the leads off. When the new year started I tured them back on. I can at least say that I scored a couple of jobs, but the quality just isn't there.

nhfire77

Boo Service Magic

Boo Service Magic

Worst waste of time and money ever. The worst referral/leads I ever got was through SM.

I highly rate it as CRAP!!!!

GUNNING

?

?

I went through there application process. As I recall it was for bathroom exhaust fans, and installation of garbage disposals. That was the closest to electrical work on the list. I don't do pressure washing, painting, wood work, HVAC or carpet installation . Its not for me.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.