Service support pole

Status
Not open for further replies.

jthomas78725

Hello. I am new to this forum, and look forward to everything I'll learn and hopefully help others with. But, I have a question first. I am being required to set a pole for overhead service support, in order to get it to my service mast on the side of a house/bar. Does anyone know if there is a formula for how deep the pole must go if I need it 18' above grade? The help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

Check with your Utility provider

Check with your Utility provider

I would first check with your local utility provider to find out what their spec's are for the drop to your meter. This should include all the information you are looking for, including pole depth and type of pole to use.
Here is an example of what our local provider makes available to customers:

http://www.pge.com/includes/docs/pd...tion/greenbook/servicerequirements/025055.pdf

I hope this helps.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Hello. I am new to this forum, and look forward to everything I'll learn and hopefully help others with. But, I have a question first. I am being required to set a pole for overhead service support, in order to get it to my service mast on the side of a house/bar. Does anyone know if there is a formula for how deep the pole must go if I need it 18' above grade? The help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

10% +2'.
A 25' pole would be 2'+10% =4.5 ft. deep=20.5 ft above grade. This is for an inline pole. I would get a 25 ft' pole and set it 5.5 ft. deep with cribbing away from pull for a total height of 19.5 ft. How far is the pull? Will you need a guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.