Not open for further replies.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer

WA_Sparky

Electrical Engineer
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
EMT is technically tubing not conduit but in the context of this spec. EMT is fine. Not sure where the engineering came from but the client is a foreign bank so maybe this is from their boilerplate. Does anyone know what a network is in the context of this document?
Just shooting from the hip here but i think they are indicating you are going to have 2 hot multi wire networks for (2) 120v circuits which will share the same neutral. Guessing "Networks" is referring to 2 circuits?

Also just spit balling here, do you think there could be a possible voltage drop issue already at the panel level so they are wanting to minimize chances of exceeding the allowed % for any potential branch circuits?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I'm guessing that the network is a MWBC.
Just shooting from the hip here but i think they are indicating you are going to have 2 hot multi wire networks for (2) 120v circuits which will share the same neutral. Guessing "Networks" is referring to 2 circuits?

Also just spit balling here, do you think there could be a possible voltage drop issue already at the panel level so they are wanting to minimize chances of exceeding the allowed % for any potential branch circuits?
No VD issue on the panel end. The panel is fed from a 480-208Y/120 volt transformer 5' away.

Status
Not open for further replies.