Shift to2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter d

I was just wondering at what point the forum makes the "official" switch to referencing the 2005 in discussions.

I ask because there are quite a few of us, myself included, who will still be using the 2002 for another 3-4 years. :( :eek:

I don't know how this has been handled in the past, but would it make sense to have a "2002 NEC" section, for those of us that are so far behind?

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Re: Shift to2005

We never made an ?official? switch to the 2002. Many Forum members are working in areas that still use the 1999. My suggestion (and I am not the only one to have made it, nor is this my first time) is that a question or a response should state the applicable code year, if there is any reason to suspect that that might have a bearing on the issue.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Re: Shift to2005

Between the 99 and 02 NEC it was simple to tell the version on the forum. 99 was dash and 02 was dot.
Some folks are still on the 99. Perhaps we need to add a icon for the code year I will suggest that.

A lot of users are just now getting the 02 code books. We just need to remind ourselfs to, as charlie put it:
My suggestion (and I am not the only one to have made it, nor is this my first time) is that a question or a response should state the applicable code year, if there is any reason to suspect that that might have a bearing on the issue

[ December 10, 2004, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: tom baker ]

Status
Not open for further replies.