Should you just allow a one year lead on C1D2 switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

megloff11x

I won't name the manufacturer of Hazardous Location listed switches that is based in Rosemont IL, but we have been waiting for months to get a simple Class I Division 2 motor start and stop switch set up, and I've heard everything but the dog ate my homework. I suppose if I asked for a tracking number from the shipper of the lost box (latest excuse) I won't get one because it probably doesn't exist - you need a box to have a tracking number.

I'd sooner trust a politician than the last half dozen delivery promises made and broken - and I wouldn't be surprised if their CEO was a congressman.

People wonder why outsourcing is kicking our butts. Its not just cheap exploited labor, no regulations, and government subsidies. It's also delivery and service. We're turning into the Soviet Union in the inability to have anything on the shelf (and in other ways not related to this occupation that I won't get into here) and get anything in a timely manner. I am reminded of the joke Reagan told Gorbachov about the Russian scheduling a repair for his oven. The repairman told him Oct 12 in 9 years from now. The Russian guy said it wouldn't work because that's the day they deliver the new sink.

I am not going to start speculating in electrical component futures because these people can't deliver in a timely manner.

If anyone can name a manufacturer of hazloc switches that actually makes them and delivers them in a timely manner, let me know.

End of vent,

Matt

bobgorno

We have had good luck with AB switches with hermetically sealed contact blocks. We package them ourselves in a Hoffmann E1, E2, E3PBXSS depending on what we are doing.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
We also use the AB switches with the sealed contact blocks for Division 2 locations. In most cases we will install them in AB's 800H-2HZ4R Rosite nonmetallic box.
Don

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Someone else made a similar complaint recently. Why would anyone waste a year on getting someone else to make up a box they could assemble themselves out of off the shelf components?

Status
Not open for further replies.