SIEMENS VFD C4 LINK Fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_3002.JPG IMG_3001.JPG

Today at work we energized and at the VFD I Got the following Error C4 link fault. Does anyone know whats this means, or does anyone know if there is a customer service contact for VFDs in the US, the only contact that we hace is from Brasil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Siemens has surprisingly good technical support in the US. Just call their tech support and tell him what your problem is and they will get you to the right person. Usually they take your phone number and call you back within a few hours.

1800siemens

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
They may not be supporting the old Robicon drives though. I've heard some sad stories lately. The old Robicon rep for your area, Ponton Industries in the Los Angeles area, is the rep for Siemens large drives, he may know someone.

http://pontonind.com
My understanding is Siemens are still supporting them as far as tech support goes but there isn't much in the way of spare parts for some of the old stuff. Any of this medium voltage stuff is a little hard to get tech support for because there aren't many people that work on it. I think you can get manuals from the website if you can navigate there horrible website.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
My understanding is Siemens are still supporting them as far as tech support goes but there isn't much in the way of spare parts for some of the old stuff. Any of this medium voltage stuff is a little hard to get tech support for because there aren't many people that work on it. I think you can get manuals from the website if you can navigate there horrible website.

Yeah, that's what I've heard: 50 weeks delivery for a new main board in one case. I've had a dozen or so calls on swapping out their older LV Robicon drives this past 2 years because of people being angry about that. But Siemens sometimes recaptures the customer by selling them a new Siemens (German) drive so cheap they can't pass it up. Money rules.

MattS87

View attachment 18974 View attachment 18975

Today at work we energized and at the VFD I Got the following Error C4 link fault. Does anyone know whats this means, or does anyone know if there is a customer service contact for VFDs in the US, the only contact that we hace is from Brasil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have worked on a few of these and if I remember correctly, the fault is saying the fiber connection to cell C4 is not working. You would have to power down the drive and open the compartment with the cells and check all your connections. Could be a bad cell?

will4

We can repair these link faults. Normally it's caused by a fault on the power cell control board or CCB. We provide a test report with each repaired CCB.

www.chbdrives.com

Along with link faults we also repair the following faults
  • Cap Share
  • Over Voltage
  • Under Voltage
  • Control Power

Status
Not open for further replies.