Silent Knight SK4 and Dialer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
(I am not an alarm tech, but the instrument person)
I have a Silent Knight SK4,l I wanted to dry contacts to use with my telemetry monitor to know when there is a panel trouble and alarm.

Since the SK 4 does not have a dialer, a FireWatch was connected to the SK4 dry contacts that I wanted to use, the SK 4 is the dialer and connects to the POTS lines.

Questions:
Is there a UL listed relay I can put between the SK4 and the dialer that would give me some dry contacts?
Is there an option board for the SK4 that would allow for dry contacts or dialer?

Our other option is to replace the SK4 with a standard Silent Knight, but the AHJ may require an addressable system. This system only has three zones

[

Attachments

• IMG_0464.jpg
    IMG_0464.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 0

ryant35

The SK4 has 3 on board relays, alarm, trouble & supervisory for connection to a dialer.

Or you could add a 4XZMF Zone Relay Module.

See the attached screenshots from the SK4 manual.

Attachments

• SK4.jpg
    SK4.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 4XZMF.jpg
    4XZMF.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 0

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
(I am not an alarm tech, but the instrument person)
I have a Silent Knight SK4,l I wanted to dry contacts to use with my telemetry monitor to know when there is a panel trouble and alarm.

Since the SK 4 does not have a dialer, a FireWatch was connected to the SK4 dry contacts that I wanted to use, the SK 4 is the dialer and connects to the POTS lines.

Questions:
Is there a UL listed relay I can put between the SK4 and the dialer that would give me some dry contacts?
Is there an option board for the SK4 that would allow for dry contacts or dialer?

Our other option is to replace the SK4 with a standard Silent Knight, but the AHJ may require an addressable system. This system only has three zones

[

You could use an SK-4XZM zone relay module to give you an additional output for each zone. DO NOT put a relay between the SK4 alarm, trouble, and supervisory outputs to the dialer or you'll get to see just how grumpy an AHJ can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.