simplex fire alarm panels 2001 and 4208

Status
Not open for further replies.
i need manuals for the simplex 2001 and the 4802 panels so i can figure out how to get an alarm signal out of them for remote monitoring by another panel...

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
Where are the OM manuals?
call simplex
might be just like the panel your trying to install output wise?

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Some of the older Simplex fire alarm panels have their programming on an eprom chip and if the output is not already programmed, you are out of luck without having Simplex do it. I think the 2001 is a panel of that type, but I am not sure.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
Good Luck

Good Luck

i need manuals for the simplex 2001 and the 4802 panels so i can figure out how to get an alarm signal out of them for remote monitoring by another panel...

Any manuals you can find will be bootlegged. Unlike Siemens and Notifier (to name two), Simplex does not have a dealer network. All Simplex panels can only be programmed by Simpelx techs. Their business model is give away the system and make it up in service.

SOG38

2001 & 4208

2001 & 4208

Both Panels are hardwired no soft programming.
I have some info. Need to know the 4208 model either "A" or "AX"
2001 is also hard wired but has many configurations and may not be as easy to see where the alarm output may be picked up.

nhfire77

Both Panels are hardwired no soft programming.
I have some info. Need to know the 4208 model either "A" or "AX"
2001 is also hard wired but has many configurations and may not be as easy to see where the alarm output may be picked up.

Why don't you just meter all the terminals, put it in alarm and meter then again, you would already know the answer. Not too hard to find Dry contact output with out a manual. There is only so many terminals. I have done this on 4100 and other simplex models.

Getting the manual will require a "subversive" source.

SOG38

2001 & 4208

2001 & 4208

Meter all the terminals:confused:
Be careful some of the terminals have 120 Vac lurking.
Be careful some of the terminals have voltage outputs.
These are obsolete panels parts are scarce or not available if you let the smoke out they don't work so well.
I wouldn't provide any copywriten manuals but I would provide information if I have it about the terminal uses. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.