Single phase from three phase transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony S

Get over yourself. :D

What is that supposed to mean?
It time you and I stopped sniping at each other. Your idea of a “moderator” is totally different to mine. But then I’ve only been doing it for 17 years.

Now I’m retired my interest is in electrical theory particularly distribution systems, not codes and regulations.

Safety issues are of interest to all electricians/engineers worldwide.

I disagree, every power transformer in North America will loose something like 18% of its KVA rating, not to mention the primary voltage may need to be reduced to prevent saturation. On the other hand the UK will actually see an increase in KVA.

Read the design guide (particularly the ohmic values and stipulations for “hot” and “cold” sites). Then tell me how we improve our distribution system.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
It time you and I stopped sniping at each other. Your idea of a “moderator” is totally different to mine. But then I’ve only been doing it for 17 years.....
Over here titles mean a lot less than they do other places. Maybe it is unique to America, but I don't think so; we were just the first ones to fight back against it.

iwire

Staff member

It means stop with the back handed insults to America.

In this case it was your 'you have to catch up with our technology'

Or a few post back referring to our wirenuts as 'firenuts'

That crap is rude and uncalled for, as long ac you continue to do it I will continue to ride you about it.

It time you and I stopped sniping at each other.

If you stop acting like your the only skilled person here and that could happen.

Last edited:

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
It means stop with the back handed insults to America.

In this case it was your 'you have to catch up with our technology'

Or a few post back referring to our wirenuts as 'firenuts'

That crap is rude and uncalled for, as long ac you continue to do it I will continue to ride you about it.

If you stop acting like your the only skilled person here and that could happen.

I keep seeing everything you dont happen to agree with get taken as an insult. Even simple factual statements like CMP members retiring gets taken the wrong way. We like you, and we think your cool. :cool: Thats not the issue.

If I told you 120/208Y uses more copper then a 240/415Y system for the same kw thats not an insult toward the US. If I told Tony a 50Hz power transformer uses 20% more iron than a 60Hz unit for the same kva that is not an insult toward the UK. If I said DC is more efficient then AC, one day probably replacing AC systems its not an insult to this trade. Its the laws of physics. To assume this trade is 100% evolved or perfected anywhere on earth in only a small fragment of time is, no offense to anyone, false.

Instead I try to see where people come from and learn why that is.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
It time you and I stopped sniping at each other. Your idea of a “moderator” is totally different to mine. But then I’ve only been doing it for 17 years.

Now I’m retired my interest is in electrical theory particularly distribution systems, not codes and regulations.

Safety issues are of interest to all electricians/engineers worldwide.

Read the design guide (particularly the ohmic values and stipulations for “hot” and “cold” sites). Then tell me how we improve our distribution system.

Is this the manual?

https://www.eon-uk.com/downloads/network_design_manual.pdf

I will read up those 2 concepts. :)

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
I was going to give it more time, but I don't think it will matter.

Consider this being proactive.

If you want to keep the topic alive - start a new thread.
If you want a one-on-one exchange then use a Private Message.

Status
Not open for further replies.