Single phase inverters connected to a three phase system

Status
Not open for further replies.

electro7

Occupation
Electrician, Solar and Electrical Contractor
Well guys I should have looked at this before but when I scrutinized the bills, took calculations of the E-total on the two three phase inverters in question, and the total usage over the past years, and PV Watt calculations on estimated production, it seems that the solar is working the way it should.

Still have no idea why the breakers tripped as a short when I changed what phases they were on. I will check for a short between the two conductors that were connected to the B phase another time. And I guess the amperage has been low enough on each inverter to not trip the 2-pole 20A breakers. I may change them to 30A's since there is only #10 wire in at the moment.

Anyways, thanks for the help guys. Thanks Jaggedben for bringing my attention back to the billing and kwh usage.

Still curious about the article Mike Holt published about the voltage imbalance with single phase inverters causing problems with motors and voiding their warranties if the voltage imbalance is to high. I'm not sure I understand the article fully and how to calculate the voltage imbalance to know what phases to put the inverters on.

Status
Not open for further replies.