skills required for the modern utility workforce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
I am an Electrical Trades instructor trying to determine general or specific skills required for the modern utilityworkforce that meets the needs of the industry,enhances workplace productivity, and increases opportunities for long term employment inthe Utility Workforce. Any insight you may be able to provide would beappreciated. Thank you.

Gene Paul Miller
Electrical Trades

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Hello
I am an Electrical Trades instructor trying to determine general or specific skills required for the modern utilityworkforce that meets the needs of the industry,enhances workplace productivity, and increases opportunities for long term employment inthe Utility Workforce. Any insight you may be able to provide would beappreciated. Thank you.

Gene Paul Miller
Electrical Trades

There are many accredited schools that have AAS programs that teach the basics to apprentice linemen. I realize you stated what you want, but the request still seems vague.

fmtjfw

There are many accredited schools that have AAS programs that teach the basics to apprentice linemen. I realize you stated what you want, but the request still seems vague.

There are also meter technicians, substation technicians, power plant operators,power plant electricians.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
There are also meter technicians, substation technicians, power plant operators,power plant electricians.

Hence the reason for "I realize you stated what you want, but the request still seems vague."

cadpoint

I believe the "Labor Department" would have those type of statical data numbers but most would be a bland numbers in respects to what your asking. It would have total numbers of employment as an electrician but it would umbrella all employed per State, but no accounting for the varios type of possible employment.

I remember taking an attitude test but I think those type of testing isn't done anymore.

Your State vocational angency might have some good statical data.

Welcome to the forum.

fmtjfw

I believe the "Labor Department" would have those type of statical data numbers but most would be a bland numbers in respects to what your asking. It would have total numbers of employment as an electrician but it would umbrella all employed per State, but no accounting for the varios type of possible employment.

I remember taking an attitude test but I think those type of testing isn't done anymore.

Your State vocational angency might have some good statical data.

Welcome to the forum.

Try googling "electrical utility jobs". Try calling your local utilities HR departments. Here the local community college trains power plant operators in conjunction with the local POCO. The POCO used to have job postings on the web with pointers to free first stage qualification tests.

cadpoint

My read on the OP's quarry was they wanted to know what type of person would be employed.
Age, schooling, and a bunch of etc.'s.

Maybe the OP will clear up the situation! :happyyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.