SkyLink SK-8 wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrobotronic

On the advice of this forum (thank you all again) I purchased the Skylink SK-8.

However, it appears to me that the wiring is for a single pole switch only (basically it adds a wireless transmitter so you can place a switch anywhere you like with hard wiring it, thus making it a 3-way.).

My existing setup is a 3-way already. Does anyone know how I could wire this thing, short of connecting travelers together?

I can't find a product of theirs that takes this into account. My goal is to make the setup a 4-way but one of the switches being wireless. Here is their drawing for connection. Clearly, not what I have.

and their www page: http://www.skylinkstore.com/store/u...p-tm-sup-small-we-001-on-off-wall-switch.html

C0337258-BB27-4749-8109-146EDD479FC2-10056-00001455065123A7.jpg

Thank you all for your help as always.

wrobotronic

On the advice of this forum (thank you all again) I purchased the Skylink SK-8.

However, it appears to me that the wiring is for a single pole switch only (basically it adds a wireless transmitter so you can place a switch anywhere you like without hard wiring it, thus making it a 3-way.).

My existing setup is a 3-way already. Does anyone know how I could wire this thing, short of connecting travelers together?

I can't find a product of theirs that takes this into account. My goal is to make the setup a 4-way but one of the switches being wireless. Here is their drawing for connection. Clearly, not what I have.

and their www page: http://www.skylinkstore.com/store/u...p-tm-sup-small-we-001-on-off-wall-switch.html

View attachment 18970

Thank you all for your help as always.

edit to change wording. (In red)

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
You can use one traveler and hard wire all intermediate three and four way switch boxes to pass that conductor through. Then replace all but one of the switches with wireless transmitters and replace the last three-way with the wireless receiver/switch combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.