Sleeving MC Cable

The EMT is not connected to the box. The stripped end of the MC with the EMT slid over it is connected to the box with an MC connector. The EMT is then slid down as far as it will go to the MC connector and then strapped to the wall. Make it nice by bending an offset in the EMT just above the MC connecter.

-Hal
IMO that looks like garbage and something you would see after a brother in law convention. I would not do it that way.

kwired

Electron manager
I dont see using a transition fitting or even MC conn/RGS coupling/EMT connector as being hack at all whatsoever. I would consider splicing in an LB to be hack and brother -in-law honestly.
LB would need to be larger sized one to have volume to splice in the first place. Be less cost to just use say a 4x4 box.

kwired

Electron manager
No one has explained why you would use MC as an EGC, or consider it an EGC, when it already contains an EGC. I'm not talking about bonding the armor, I'm just asking why would you consider the MC an EGC?
Unless it is product like MC-AP it is not allowed to use as an EGC and should contain a green conductor within to use as the EGC. You still have to bond the sheath though, which is done simply by using approved connector into a bonded metallic enclosure/box.

kwired

Electron manager
IMO that looks like garbage and something you would see after a brother in law convention. I would not do it that way.
If run on the surface and for a considerable distance it maybe cleans up the appearance to run a more rigid sleeve with cable(s) inside than to have all the cable(s) exposed the entire length. But when I encounter such situations with multiple cables I might put a splice/pull box or gutter up high and then run raceway down to the panel or something similar. If coming from the floor up to wherever it lands and on the surface I'd definitely either sleeve it or immediately adapt to raceway somehow just so it doesn't get abused as easily.