SMA Sb7.7sp-US-41 inverter and TP link CPE210

Status
Not open for further replies.

gporter85

Hello

I have 2 -41 sunny boys that i am trying to connect to sunny portal through a TP link Bridge set up in client mode. I have the bridge mounted outside a shop, connected to the customers Wifi, and have good internet coming out of the ethernet port to my laptop. However I cant seem to get the inverters to connect via the ethernet on the speedwire. In fact the displays don't even show the ethernet com A and comB listed as is typical. SMA tech support messed with them for 2 hours via team viewer and couldnt figure out a solution. Anyone have any experience with this??? I am thinking the TP link may have a firewall or goofy IP configuration. We tried to use WIFI but with the roll up doors closed the internet drops in the shop. I am an electrician not a network technician.

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
We're all electricians here. Maybe you should post on a forum for network technicians. ;)

Sorry, all I know about these inverters and networking is that they can't handle long wi-fi passcodes. But that is not your issue.

synchro

Occupation
EE
Would this SMA Connection Assist software be of any value in this situation?:
If 2 hours of tech support didn't work I doubt that I could solve your problem.
But in any case, what range of things did tech support have you do?

Does your TP-Link bridge support multicast as mentioned below? If not, it might allow a connection to be made but sending data could be a problem.

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
Hello

I have 2 -41 sunny boys that i am trying to connect to sunny portal through a TP link Bridge set up in client mode. I have the bridge mounted outside a shop, connected to the customers Wifi, and have good internet coming out of the ethernet port to my laptop. However I cant seem to get the inverters to connect via the ethernet on the speedwire. In fact the displays don't even show the ethernet com A and comB listed as is typical. SMA tech support messed with them for 2 hours via team viewer and couldnt figure out a solution. Anyone have any experience with this??? I am thinking the TP link may have a firewall or goofy IP configuration. We tried to use WIFI but with the roll up doors closed the internet drops in the shop. I am an electrician not a network technician.
Try setting the TP link to 'bridge mode' I dont think client mode is what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.