small apliances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: small apliances

guys the building is one of those condo hotel that have laundry and cooking facilities and so is to be consider a sigle dweling what I have in reality is small kitchen with a 3 feet counter top my bigger concern is that theres only one sa circuit serving the counter top and the other one is in the wall in from of the kitchen (just divided by a hallway)my partner said we are ok but after reading 210 52 b 3 a numerous times I think we not he if cofusing the part that said (either or both shall be premited to supply other oulets )

allenwayne

Bottom line there has to be 2 S.A. circuits in a kitchen no matter what size it is.Even if there are 2 gfci devices in a 2 gang that satisfies the requirements.
I still like my senario of no couter top areas longer than 11 7/8 of an inch.Bet you could create a situation with an inspector that would cause ripples in thier office :D

sparky_magoo

With George's scenario, I have installed 240 VAC sub-panels for hot tubs (Tiger River Springs). The feeder was 240 volts. Inside the sub-panel were two 240 VAC GFCI breakers. If recollection is correct, then the 240 VAC GFCI breakers servered two 12o volt loads. one load was for the pump and the other load for the heater. This was unbalanced loads on a multi-wire curcuirt. What is the difference between George's concept and my scenario. My installation passed.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

Originally posted by sparky_magoo:
Couldn't george use a 240 volt two pole GFCI breaker for his scenario?
It would have to be rated 120/240, not just "240". But yes, that would be compliant.

What is the difference between George's concept and my scenario. My installation passed.
None, so long as your breakers were rated appropriately. If they weren't, there wouldn't have been a neutral terminal on the breaker, and it would have tripped the moment you had the jets on and not the heater. :) [/i]

Boris wrote:
my bigger concern is that theres only one sa circuit serving the counter top and the other one is in the wall in from of the kitchen (just divided by a hallway)my partner said we are ok
Your partner is dead wrong. :)

You need 2 SA circuits feeding that countertop. Easy solution: Put a receptacle 1' in on one side of your countertop as you were, and install a recetacle fed from your other SA circuit 1' in from the other side of the counter.

____I------i------i------I______

Your receptacles would be at the small "i" 's. :)
You did say it was 3' wide. ;)

Editted in italicized comments.

[ September 24, 2005, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: georgestolz ]

iwire

Staff member

Originally posted by georgestolz:
Originally posted by sparky_magoo:
Couldn't george use a 240 volt two pole GFCI breaker for his scenario?
It would have to be rated 120/240, not just "240". But yes, that would be compliant.
Does anyone make a straight 240 GFCI breaker?

I can not recall seeing one. :p

I like your hot tub solution. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.