Smart control water heaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavie

About two years ago I purchased a water heater from the Blue Box. It is one of those smart control models. Last night I had little hot water. Smart control box was blinking telling me to check lower element. Oh boy. After 15 min of nearly impossible foam insulation removial I decided it was too late and would proceed to repair in the AM.

I pluged the heater back in and the blinking light stayed solid. Heat ok in smart mode. This morning I had hot water. Just had shower tonight at 9 pm and had plenty of hot water. Smart control says all is good. Seems it just needed to be reset just like an internet modem. FYI.

Buck Parrish

I have a dumb water heater, but it knows what it's doing when it comes to heating water.:) It's never failed me yet...
But thanks for the FYI about the reset. I may use it in the field, you never know.

cadpoint

I don't know how smart your water heater is!

If your heater element is controled by smarts it might note the higher draw of amp's or no usage at all, easily done in the electronic age.

With water off!
Routine maintance says to drain your water heater once a year. Partial rinse fill and reempty and note contants of both drainage! Your can put a regular coffee filter in large strainer and get a sample of what's in tank. With water off draining the tank it's on coffee drip pressure anyways.

If mineral particle count is high in region it could be bottom element is covered up, or even eaten up...

Maybe the electronic controls is more sensitive then the manufacture knows... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.