Snake Bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceb58

Well that was kind of what I was asking, but understand I am an Engineer, and not always aware of the nuts and bolts.

So allow me to ask you to expand. What do I ask for at the electrical shop? If I cut the 12-2, the wire nut will need room for 3 wires. I assume the color code is RED?

Glad you and the dog are OK. Copperheads are bad dudes.
I always throw the splices that come with the lights away. I use the underground wire nuts that have silicone pack in them. All the ones I have seen or used were blue but the pack rates the size and number of wires. When you twist the wires in the silicone pack burst when the wires reach it sealing the wires inside. You can find them at Slowes or Home Despot.
On a side note I have had hunting dogs bitten before. Feeding them raw eggs seems to help neutralize the venom. But in your case with the dogs breathing blocked a vet is the only way to go.

TOOL_5150

Another vote for waterproof wirenuts You are after the blue ones with a red marking - They can handle 3 #12's

As far as you and your dog, I am happy to hear you both pulled through.

~Matt

rt66electric

glad your are Ok

glad your are Ok

glad your ok and will keep the treatmentmethod back in the need to remember file

On another note
I have not installed much low-V landscape light ing (I charge too much) But I have always run the wires up-and-down the stem of the fixture as high as could go aboveground, under the canopy if possible, then use red wirenuts filled w/silicone, then rubber tape, then 33 black tape; wirenuts pointed up. LOOKS UGLY!! up close. I have change a few bulbs and fixtures over years but have not had a bad joint!

dereckbc

Staff member
glad your ok and will keep the treatmentmethod back in the need to remember file
Well update on my treatment, I was pretty stoned by Dr Feel Good in the hospital, they never gave me anti-venom according to my Daughter, was not needed. They just gave me a bunch of muscle relaxers for the cramping, pain medicine, Tetanus, steroid, and anti-biotic. Daughter said when they released me I ask for a 6-pack to go of whatever they were injecting in the IV. I don't remember that part. :grin:

Last edited:

wptski

Well update on my treatment, I was pretty stoned by Dr Feel Good in the hospital, they never gave me anti-venom according to my Daughter, was not needed. They just gave me a bunch of muscle relaxers for the cramping, pain medicine, Tetanus, steroid, and anti-biotic. Daughter said when they released me I ask for a 6-pack to go of whatever they were injecting in the IV. I don't remember that part. :grin:
What about Adolph?

dereckbc

Staff member
What about Adolph?
He is fine and home, reference post # 14. Thanks for asking. :)

Fist thing he did when he got home is went right out to the spot of the attack and looked for the snake, and then checked every inch of the yard to make sure the coast is clear and snake free. :cool: Not the first time he has put his life on the line for me and the family. He definitely sets the example of Man's Best Friend. FWIW he had a Cheeseburger animal style with a fried egg dinner that night he came home.;)

Last edited:

mtfallsmikey

Good to hear you're OK...my wife got lit up twice by a full-grown pregnant copperhead two years ago, in her right foot. 3 days in the hospital, 2 mo. off her feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.