software for a mid sized guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLSolutions

I'm sure this somewhere down the list but here I go. I consider myself a mid sized contractor, commercial, light industrial, all the way to dormers. Any one out there in the same range as me using software to estimate? If so any goods bads, uglies, would be appreciated. Not looking to break the bank but I understand making money is expensive. Thanks Gentlemen.

cadpoint

LLSolutions said:
I'm sure this somewhere down the list but here I go. I consider myself a mid sized contractor, commercial, light industrial, all the way to dormers. Any one out there in the same range as me using software to estimate? If so any goods bads, uglies, would be appreciated. Not looking to break the bank but I understand making money is expensive. Thanks Gentlemen.
Here U go: Mid software, not so sure about that term, but read #12 here
http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=99409&page=2&highlight=software

or any of the other fine inputs found from here
http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=96926&highlight=software

I'd suggust the advance search if you quailify your desired reading...

mdshunk

I've come to the opinion that choosing software is more of a Fords vs. Chevy vs. Dodge type of question. Every contractor is going to have certain things that are more important to them then others. Since most or much of this sort of software can be taken for a free test drive via a crippled download, that's what I'd recommend. Some of the bigger money vendors will even send a rep to your office to show it off to you and help you through it a bit.

If you currently use accounting software, such as Quickbooks, it is always desirable to have your estimating software "talk" to your accounting software by some means.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I want software that I can simply show the plans to, and it prints out a materials list with costs and labor costs, and tells how much I should charge.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
satcom said:
That's now my desktop bgackground image.

Yes, something like that, but I picture something more along the lines of a Dr. Seuss-type of machine. There's an oversized scanning bed on one end, and a printer on the other.

285_top_10_list.jpg

Scan your prints, push some buttons and spin a couple of dials, and out pops anything you need from the printer. Parts lists with costs, labor pricing, even a complete and ready-to-sign contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.